Beautiful Relaxing Music - Flute, Guitar & Piano Music with Birds Singing
How to express opposing ideas in English: despite, although...
POST 443 11 April 2020
Watering the Peach Tree
aim and benefit of this exercise: keeping balance,
feeling young and happy. Rejuvenating tonic ; longevity.
This exercise TUOI-DAO also implies five related aspects as in the previous exercise :
1. Physical form- The movement, at the beginning and during the inhaling phase, is flowing smoothly and deeply then becomes more and more firm and strong at the exhaling phase.
Physiology- Stimulating good function of Lungs, Small and Large Intestines.
2. Breathing method- Tho-Phoi-Bung: Inhale with wide thoracic movements using dynamic respiratory muscles activities; exhale with dan-dien (belly) pressure.
3. Inner-energy and vital points- In term of inner-energy (noi-khi), the mission of movement TUOI-DAO is to ensure the balance of PHE-DAN. This means keeping balance between the high energy flowing in the upper part of our body and the deep energy sleeping in the lower part of our body.
4. Vital points to keep in mind are:
-Meridian of the lungs: P5 (xich-trach), P7 (liet-khuyet), and P11 (thieu-thuong)
-Meridian of the large intestine: GI1 (thuong-duong), GI11 (khuc-tri), and GI20 (nghinh-huong)
-Meridian of the small intestine: IG1 (thieu-trach), IG4 (uyen-cot), and IG8 (thieu-hai)
5. Mind and Thought- As you are doing this movement TUOI-DAO/ WATERING THE PEACH TREE imagine you are walking on a quiet path bordered by many flowering peach trees and plum trees. Under an immense blue sky these pink flowers, the most beautiful flowers preferred by spiritual people, make you feel happy, optimistic and free. You are free to grow the way you like, to dream the most beautiful dream of your life. When doing this movements with your arms and your body you seem watering the peach tree, the tree of long life. You feel happy, and you can help others to be happy too. You can be a teacher because you can show to others something wonderful you have experienced yourself with this movement of Watering the Peach Tree.
6. Symbolism- In Vietnam peach tree (dao) doesn’t grow everywhere and when people can find it they take great care of the trees to obtain beautiful flowers and delicious fruits. The peach symbolizes Longevity and the flower Spring and Love.
7. Behavior- “Watering the peach tree” teaches us that for obtaining good things in life we have to work for it, with patience and perseverance. But working with pleasure. You can change your mind and your world just by smiling each time you see flowers of peach tree, or any flower.
The dream of reaching immortality was almost universal, especially in Asia. In ancient time, supposedly there were two ways to realize this: the chemical process, we now label it as alchemy, and the natural process which was what we nowadays might call as a magical “green” way.
The famous emperor Qin Shi-Huang/ Tan Thuy-hoang (3rd Century BCE), the one who had ordered the construction of the Great Wall at the cost of millions souls, followed a chemical process by administering every day to himself a very small dose of arsenic. After a few years, as a result, he really reached immortality. Not on earth but under the earth, in an immense tomb kept secret for twenty two centuries!
Regarding the magical green way, people believed in some place elsewhere it existed a specific one thousand year old peach tree which took one hundred years to produce a unique peach called Dao-bat-tu/The immortal peach.
Who eats it will become immortal. And legend has it. Once, many centuries ago, a man came to a royal court offering a pretended Immortal Peach to the king.
While the king has not yet looked at the precious fruit, one of his ministers had swiftly grasped the Immortal Peach and rapidly ate it. The king became furious and ordered to execute the minister.
Going in the knees he implores the king to have mercy:
Majesty! I am innocent. This man pretended his peach was an immortal peach; I just ate it and now my life is in trouble. So yours too, Majesty, had you eaten this peach. We should punish those who preach untrue believes to our society and reward those who dare risking their life for discovering the truth. The good king listened, nodded and laughed nicely.
END POST 443