Translate

Friday, March 1, 2024

POST 646 02Mar2024 Exercise Kim Than Golden body- Text Rwanda- Phan Hoang

 

WELCOME TO POST 646

This morning March 01, 2024 the temperature in Petrie Island 

was about minus 8 degree C ,versus minus 18 a few days ago.

 

POST 646 02Mar2024 

Exercise Kim Than Golden body.

Text Rwanda

Various items



                                              EXERCISE FOR THIS WEEK



 

 

 

 

    POST 646      2024-0302                                 

  Linda’s Thursday Quotation   

 

 

 

 

Write your Sad times in Sand,
Write your Good times in Stone.

George Bernard Shaw

 

 

 







 

 

 

 

 

Blog www.clubmasterhoang.blogspot.com

POST 646 – Mar.02,2024 /POST 149 (06 April 2014)

RWANDA

 Part 1

  

 

 

 

 

RWANDA

Charles Phan Hoang

 

Rwanda surprised me when I came to the National University of Butare, early 1992, for a three month teaching mission funded by Canada. This small country in central Africa, with an area of 26,330 square kilometers, is as small as Crimea of Ukraine but had about 8 million inhabitants at the time I was there and today (2014) the population is over 12 million. The weather was wonderful: not too cold not too hot, just around 23C almost all the time I was in Rwanda. On several week-ends I have driven through most parts of the country and I found that Rwanda was so beautiful with endless hills under permanent blue sky, high mountains, volcano Karisimbi, large lake Kivu; high eucalyptus trees everywhere. The great lake Kivu in the western part of Rwanda and the National Park Akagera in the east hold unforgettable stories of my stay in this country. One time, on the way back to Butare from the famous lake Kivu the road was deserted and at some point I saw a military man armed with gun stop my car. The man, beyond the barrier of language, made me understand that he was asking me, with some degree of authority, to let him get in my car and drive him ahead. I tried to keep my mind quiet and welcomed him with a nice smile on my face because there was no alternative in that situation, and his gun helped me to be nicer. After a short distance he ordered me to turn right on a small road bringing him to his post, located deep somewhere behind the hills.  Is there really a military post waiting for him over there or is it a trap to me, I asked myself.

(to be continued on Post 647 March 10, 2024)

 






 

 

25

  www.clubmasterhoang.blogspot.com

 

   POST  2024                                 

 SHARING ONLINE

 

 

 

Lord Arthur Savile's Crime by Oscar Wilde

 

https://youtu.be/mU3WjQsTK0M

 

  

 

 

 

 

Kitaro Greatest Hits - Kitaro The Best Of (Full Album) 2020 - Kitaro Pla...

 

https://youtu.be/tUnCxIPNToA


 

 

 

 

 

 Learn English with Adele - Someone Like You"

 https://youtu.be/4Qz_Gdxto5c

 

 

 

 

 


   END OF POST 646


No comments:

Post a Comment